Women's Bible Study | The River
Every Thursday, 9:15 AM - 11:00 AM, from 10/04/2012 to 05/02/2013
Location: River West Church, 2000 Country Club Rd, Lake Oswego, OR US 97034
Although we have started our study in the Gospel of John, we welcome you to join us at any time.
Women are thirsty for truth and for meaningful connections within the church community. The River is a weekly Bible Study designed to help women grow in their understanding of God’s Word and learn how to apply scripture to their every day lives. The River provides women with the opportunity to make lasting friendships that are centered on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
For more information contact,
Jami York at 503.853.9451 or
THE RVER | THE MISSION
“Flowing Rivers of Living Water - John 7:38”
“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” John 7:37-38
- An In-depth Bible Study designed to lead women to faith in Jesus Christ and foster spiritual growth.
- Small Group Discussions and Teaching Times intended to assist in the application of biblical truth to every day life.
- Corporate weekly gatherings of women that promote friendships and faith experiences as women share their lives and pray together.
- Ministry Spotlights connecting women to other ministries within the church community and providing opportunities for service.
- TO WORSHIP: God is the Creator and Sustainer of Life. He is the Holy, Sovereign Lord and He is worthy of our worship.
- TO MEET JESUS: Our desire is to introduce women to Jesus Christ and encourage them to receive Him as their personal Savior.
- TO STUDY THE BIBLE: The River is designed to encourage in-depth daily study of the Bible in a way that is relevant and intensely interesting.
- TO APPLY TRUTH: The Word of God is life changing when it is applied in the power of the Holy Spirit. Women learn how to see God working in their personal experiences as they apply scripture to their lives.
- TO SHARE THE GOSPEL: Communicating the truth of the gospel to others is a prerequisite for having impact in our communities. Discussion Groups provide safe forums for women to practice communicating personal discoveries and biblical insights to others.
- TO BUILD FELLOWSHIP: The church is a living fellowship of God’s people. The River provides a context for building relationships with others that is relationally supportive, deeply satisfying and centered on Jesus Christ.
- TO PROVIDE PRAYER SUPPORT: Loving church communities are developed as people share their needs and pray together. Praying in small groups fosters genuine care among participants and increases faith as prayers are answered.
- TO TRAIN LEADERS: Well Trained Christian Leaders strengthen the body of the church and provided needed support for other partnering ministries.
- THE RIVER AT NIGHT – Fall 2013 - A duplicate program held on Thursday evenings.
- THE CREEK – A full-scale children’s program with trained leaders and age appropriate bible- study curriculum.