Refugee Restart Kit Collection Day
Fourth Saturday, from 08/27/2016 to 04/22/2017, 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: Refugee Care Warehouse, 10160 SW Nimbus Ave, Suite F-3, Portland, OR US 97223
Most refugees suffer unthinkable tragedy in their homelands and arrive in the U.S. with next to nothing. To welcome and honor refugees in Portland, our Refugee Care Team is collecting “Restart Kits” with essential items to help rebuild their lives.
Restart Kit Directions:
- Choose one of the kit categories below.
- Purchase the items listed under your selected category.
- Place the items in a new plastic tub with a lid.
- Label the container with the kit category.
- Drop off your Refugee Restart Kit to 10160 SW Nimbus Ave, Suite F-3, Portland, OR 97223 (turn left at the fountain and follow the road around to Building F) on a Collection Day. (Please note: We do not receive donations at the church.)
- Teapot + tea
- Oregon calendar
- Map of Portland
- Scented jar candle + matches or lighter
- Notebook + pens
- "Welcome" doormat
- Mop + bucket
- Broom + dustpan
- Pack of sponges
- All-purpose cleaner spray
- Toilet brush
- Dish soap
- Paper towels (2)
- Tissues (2)
- Laundry detergent
- Light bulbs
- Bath towels + hand towels (4 of each)
- Washcloths (6-8)
- Hand soap
- Small waste basket
- Rolls of toilet paper (4)
- Shower curtain with rings
- Choose twin, full, or queen (include on kit label)
- Sheets and pillow cases
- Pillow (1 for twin or full, 2 for queen)
- Purchase other needed move-in day items from our IKEA Registry!
- Donate gift cards from IKEA, Fred Meyer, Trader Joe’s, and Winco. Bring the gift cards to a Collection Day or mail them to: Refugee Care Collective, Attn: Megan Tragethon, 1306 NW Hoyt Street, Unit 412, Portland, OR 97209.
- You can also buy a restart kit for a family and let us gather the items for you!
To find out more information, contact Jane