Manual Podcast Subscription
If you are having trouble subscribing to the sermon Podcast you may have an older version of your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc) that is not supported by the Podcast link on the Sermons page. No worries! Below are a few steps to walk you through the manual subscription process to get you connected to our Podcast.
First things first.
Do you have iTunes currently installed on your computer?
- No. Download iTunes. Note: This page defaults for Macintosh computers. If using Microsoft Windows, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Get iTunes for Windows" to access the correct version.
- Yes. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting "Store" along the top menu bar and then "Check for Available Downloads..."
Getting started with you manual Podcast subscription.
- Once iTunes is installed and/or updated, open the program.
- Along the top menu bar select "Advanced", then "Subscribe to Podcast..."
- A dialog box will appear with the prompt "URL"
- Copy and paste the following link into the dialog box: http://www.riverwest.org/mediafiles/sermons.xml
- Click "OK"
- iTunes will subscribe to the Podcast and automatically download the most recently posted sermon.
Downloading all available Podcasts & staying current.
- Continue to access your Podcasts by selecting "Podcasts" from your "Library" located on the left sidebar in iTunes.
- Double click on the River West Church Sermons Podcast.
- If a single line of text appears ">River West Church Sermons", click on the arrow just to the left of "River" to see all available sermons.
- Click "Get" next to the specific sermon you want to download, or click "Get All" at the top to download everything that is available.
- Update your Podcast each week by selecting "Refresh" in the lower right corner, or, establish an automatic update in the "Settings..." menu in the lower left corner.
If you are continuing to have difficulty subscribing to our Podcast, please contact Brenton at